This time of year is all about cooking and gathering together in the kitchen. It's time for perfect recipes and the perfect outfit, of course! Today we have two new recipes for you to try and the down low on the must have items to get this holiday season!
The recipe for the next time it's cold, dreary, and sad outside? Creamy butternut squash soup. This soup is sure to warm you up and make all the dreariness go away for a fun dinner with the family.
CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Pin the recipe HERE
6 tablespoons chopped onion
4 tablespoons butter
6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
3 cups water
4 cubes chicken bouillon
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
2(8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes, or until squash is tender.
2. Puree squash and cream cheese with immersion blender until smooth. Heat through.
3. All done!
Carbs!!! Is it just me or is a meal just not complete without them? I grew up watching my dad eat a piece of plain white bread with butter with every single meal. So I'm all about those breadsticks, rolls, and any format of the carbo-load.
PERFECT GARLIC BREADSTICKS
Pin the recipe HERE
1 1/2 Cup Warm Water
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Yeast
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
3 - 3 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Stick of Butter
1. Add water, sugar, and yeast to your mixing bowl. Let sit about 5-10 minutes until fluffy, yeasty foam forms on top of the water.
2. Add salt and garlic powder.
3. Add 1 cup of flour at a time until the consistency just starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Take dough out, spray the entire interior with cooking spray, add the dough back in, and spray the top again. Cover with a thin towel, and let rise until double.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the stick of butter on a cookie sheet in the oven and let melt.
6. Sprinkle flour on a clean, open surface. Roll dough on top into a rectangle. Cut into 1 inch strips using a pizza roller.
7. Twist strips in the butter and place strips back to back until the sheet is full. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese and parsley. Bake for 20 minutes.
Happy shopping and happy holidays!